1. Definitions: All references to “we”, “us” and “our” below, are references to “Make Music Portland.” a Maine not-for-profit corporation (referred to herein as “Make Music Portland”). All references to “you” or “your” are references to anyone who accesses or uses makemusicportland.org (the “Website”) and/or utilizes the services and features offered by Make Music Portland on or though the Website or any other alternate websites utilized by Make Music Portland, and anyone who registers by email, at makemusicportland.org, at such alternate website, by telephone, or in person as a musician or performer, or to provide a location for musicians or performers, or to otherwise participate in organizing and implementing any event that takes place in connection with Make Music Portland (referred to herein as a “Registration”). Other capitalized terms used herein shall have the meanings set forth herein.
2. Overview: When visiting the Website and/or utilizing the services and features offered by Make Music Portland on or though the Website or any other alternate websites utilized by Make Music Portland or submitting a Registration, Make Music Portland may directly or indirectly request and/or otherwise collect certain personal information. This privacy notice (this “Privacy Notice”) describes what personal information may be collected by Make Music Portland from the Website and such other alternate websites and how such information and any information collected from any Registration (referred to herein collectively as the “Information”) is used by Make Music Portland. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected online through the Website and such other alternate websites and any information collected from any Registration. Your visit to the Website and any such other alternate website is subject to this Privacy Notice. By accessing and using the Website and any such other alternate website you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
3. Information We Collect:
(a)Non-Personal Information: Make Music Portland or its partners, affiliates, representatives or agents may gather navigational information during each user’s visit to the Website or the other alternate websites utilized by Make Music Portland. In the process of gathering navigational information, non-personally identifiable information (i.e. domain type, browser version, service provider and IP (Internet Protocol) address) may be collected. Such information may be gathered by Make Music Portland or its partners, affiliates, representatives or agents to learn more about the technical efficiencies of the Website (such as the time it takes a visitor to connect to the Website or download pages) and the use of the Website, including the areas of the Website that are most visited or the time of a last visit to a page on the Website. Make Music Portland uses this information to better understand and improve its users’ experience on the Website.
(b)Personal Information: When you register on the Website or the other alternative websites utilized by Make Music Portland or otherwise submit a Registration, Make Music Portland, or its partners, affiliates, representatives or agents will collect your name and email address and any other information you submit. If you are registering as a performer, you may be requested to provide your performer name, additional email addresses, contact information, biographical information and/or upload pictures or other media.
If you are registering a venue, you may be requested to provide your venue name, additional email addresses, contact information (name and address), location, biographical information and upload pictures.
We (or our partners, affiliates, representatives or agents) may also collect any personal information that you include in any email correspondence or correspondence by postal mail with Make Music Portland.
When you submit your personally identifiable information to us, including through any of the foregoing means, you are giving your consent to the collection, retention, use, and disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
(c) Updates and Corrections: To update, correct or verify any information you provided to Make Music Portland, please feel free to contact us using the contact information provided on the Website.
4. How We Use and Disclose Your Information: Any personally identifiable information you provide to Make Music Portland or our partners, affiliates, representatives and agents is used to enable us to deliver, coordinate and organize events for Make Music New York, to respond to your questions about our events or communicate with you about our events or other matters related thereto. Make Music Portland currently does not sell, rent or trade any of the personal information collected from you to third parties. However, Make Music Portland may use third parties to provide specific services, such as registering performers and venues for Make Music Portland events, certain fundraising and awareness activities and in connection with maintaining and/or operating the Website. These third parties may have or be provided access to and use of the information collected from you in connection with their performance of such services for Make Music Portland. Nothing in this Privacy Note will impede Make Music Portland’s right or ability to transfer, sell or otherwise dispose of any of its assets. In the event that Make Music Portland sells or transfers all or part of its business assets, performer or venue information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets or business of Make Music Portland are acquired by a third party, Information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law, regulation or governmental request or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of the Website and/or related services, the Website or the public.
6. Privacy of Children: The Website is not directed to users under the age of 13. To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, Make Music Portland does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13 or provide any personally identifying information on children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. No information provided by users self-identified as children will knowingly be used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever.
7. Links: For your convenience, the Website may contain links to other sites. Make Music Portland does not evaluate, is not responsible for and does not endorse the privacy practices, the terms and conditions (or the equivalent) or the content of any such sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of other websites you link to from the Website or otherwise visit.
8. International Users: If you are visiting the Website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States and all information you provide will be processed and maintained in the Website servers and internal systems located within the United States.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice: Make Music Portland reserves the right to revise or remove this Privacy Notice at any time. If we materially revise the categories of information collected at the Website or how we use and/or disclose Information such revisions will be applied only to Information collected on a going forward basis. We will update the effective date at the bottom of this Privacy Notice to notify you that this Privacy Notice has been updated to reflect such revisions. Your continued participation in Make Music Portland or use of the Website or other submission of Information following notification of any revisions to this Privacy Notice in such manner shall constitute your acceptance of the modified Privacy Notice. You agree that the notice of revisions that we provide on the Website by updating the effective date at the bottom of this Privacy Notice shall be deemed reasonable notice for this purpose. It is your responsibility to check periodically for any revisions we may make to this Privacy Notice.
10. Information Security: We limit access to personal information collected on the Website and utilize other technological and procedural safeguards when maintaining the Website. While we implement the above security measures on the Website, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
11. Additional Information for California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you elect to contact us by email or postal mail, please include information in your email or letter that will help us identify you so that we can most expeditiously respond to you.
12. Governing Law: The interpretation and enforcement of this Privacy Notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine and by visiting the Website or otherwise submitting Information to us you are deemed to agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Maine with respect to any dispute arising from or in connection with this Privacy Notice or your participation in Make Music Portland. By visiting the Website or otherwise submitting Information to us you are also deemed to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any right to trial by jury in any action arising from or in connection with this Privacy Notice or your participation in Make Music Portland.
13. Contact Us: If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or about Make Music Portland’s activities, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at: Make Music Portland, 99 Monument St. Apt. 2, Portland, ME 04101.
Effective Date: February 21, 2017